The information on this page is available here in a one-page PDF download (approximately 25 Kb).
- Under 10 weeks old: 1st DHPP-CV * (no Leptospirosis)
- Older than 10 weeks: 1st DHLPP-CV * (with Leptospirosis)
- Boosters are every 3 weeks with DHLPP-CV (with Leptospirosis). Last one will be given after the puppy is 16 weeks old because of the maternal antibodies.
- Rabies (RV) is given around 3-4 months old, depending on the size and breed.
- Bordetella is given around 10 weeks old.
We have gotten away from vaccinating every year for the overall health of the animal. The following schedule is for dogs after their initial boosters and first rabies are complete:
- Dogs get first RV, then the following year they get a 2-year RV along with DHLPP-CV 1-year and Bordetella if elected.
- Following year they will get the DHP core which is a 2-year vaccination along with the Leptospirosis 4-way vaccination, which is given every year.
- Following year they will get 2-year RV and Leptospirosis 4-way vaccination.
- Bordetella is given every 6 months. It is required if they will be having surgery, boarding, grooming, or being dropped off at our clinic for anything.
- We do heartworm 4DX (heartworm and tick *) tests every year. We will not refill heartworm preventative unless we have a negative test every year.
- Fecal exams should be done every year to test for intestinal parasites.